Ohio Basic Code 75.27 Prohibited Operation
(A) The applicable provisions of this traffic code apply to the operation of snowmobiles, off-highway motorcycles, and all-purpose vehicles, except that no person shall operate a snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicles as follows:
- On any state highway, including a limited access highway or freeway or the right-of-way thereof, except for emergency travel only during such time and in such manner as the Ohio Director of Public Safety shall designate or except as authorized by R.C. 4519.41(F);
- On any private property, or in any nursery or planting area without the permission of the owner or other person having the right of possession of the property;
- On any land or water controlled by the state, except at those locations where a sign has been posted permitting such operation.
- On the tracks or right-of-way of any operated railroad;
- While transporting any firearm, bow or any implement for hunting, that is not unloaded and securely encased;
- For the purpose of chasing, pursuing, capturing, or killing an animal or wildfowl; or
- During the time from sunset to sunrise, unless displaying lighted lights as required by Section 4519.20 of the Revised Code.
(B) Whoever violates this section shall be fined not less than $50 nor more than $500, imprisoned not less than 3 nor more than 30 days, or both.